There’s truly nothing better than spending Christmas and New Years in the gorgeous mountains of Blairsville-Union County! Whether you’re looking for a romantic couples getaway or a mountain escape for the whole family, you won’t find a merrier place to celebrate this time of year. Aside from the incredible mountain views, we have amazing options for lodging and accommodations, fun family activities, unforgettable outdoor adventures, some of the best food in Georgia, and much more!
Looking for an outdoor excursion? Here are a few ideas to keep you active during our winter months:
- Winter Hiking – There’s no better place to take in the beautiful mountain sky than from Georgia’s highest peak – Brasstown Bald.
- Winter Camping – Build a bonfire, roast some marshmallows, and enjoy a hot cup of cocoa.
- Winter Picnic by Helton Creek Falls – Take blankets, sandwiches, and hot soup in a thermos.
- Photo Expedition – Snow, ice, and the crispness that comes with freezing temperatures can add a new dimension to your photos.
Are outside activities not really your speed? No worries. Blairsville-Union County offers several options during the winter season for fun and entertainment.
- Made from scratch donuts and pastries, farm to table menu selections, and the best coffee bar in the mountains.
- Book a couples’ massage at one of our many luxurious spas.
- Visit the tasting room at our local moonshine distillery or one of our two local farm wineries.
- Discover quaint shops on the 22-mile Artisan Corridor full of arts and craft shops, galleries, and boutiques.
For some classic Christmas fun, there are always some incredible Christmas Lights displays around that make for a lovely holiday drive and numerous Christmas concerts, services, and events happening in our community. What are you waiting for? Plan your trip today! Here are some helpful links for learning more about…